Good news for many helpless residents who are struggling to get ICA Approval through ICA Smart Service, if you are one of them then don’t worry any more. To help these stranded citizens GDRFA started a new Return Permit Service which is more trouble free than the previous one.
GDRFA Return Permit Service:
New system has been set up to facilitate the return of Dubai Residents stranded abroad. According to Dubai Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management firstly these residents are required to get an approval from GDRFA through its newly launched return permit service, once the application is approved, the residents can book air tickets.
Let’s learn how to apply for Entry Permit and get easy approval through General Directorate of Residency and Foreign affairs Dubai in 5 easy steps.
Step 1: Click Return Permit Link:
First step is to visit the official website of Amer GDRFA through below link.
We suggest everyone to use desktop/PC to fill the form as currently to mobile version is not working properly.
Step 2: Search Your Profile:
After clicking above link, you will be redirected to a page where resident need to search his/her profile in immigration system, you need to write following
• Residence Number (File Num) from your Visa Page pasted on Passport
• Year of Birth
• Clear the Captcha code and click search
Once search button is clicked, you will be able to see your English/Arabic name with nationality and visa expiry date, if the applicant details are correct click on continue button to begin form filling.
Step 3: Travel Information:
Choose the country you are stranded right now , and select DXB (Dubai International Airport) as a arrival airport. Mention email address on which you will receive entry permit approval mail, pass captcha and continue button.
Step 4: Upload Documents:
To avoid any delay in application processing; the uploaded documents should be authentic and clear. The attachment should be clear and legible before posting. GDRFA staff approve or reject your application by checking your uploaded copies
We request you to upload clear face and text (High Quality) documents otherwise your application will be rejected.
Require documents are:
• valid passport copy
• residence visa Copy
• Emirates ID Copy (both sides)
If you have any other document such as labour card, passport size photo, air ticket etc you can upload it but the important one are Passport and Visa page. You can upload up to 10 documents. Once uploaded, click on continue.
Step 5: Fees and Payment:
Last step is to submit the application; the service is free of charge. Click post button to send your return permit application.
Once you clicked post button, you will be redirected to a confirmation page with details of your application name, number and the uploaded documents.
You will also receive an immediate mail from GDRFA Smart channel with your filled details.
Approval of Entry Permit:
Generally it take one or two days to approve the request (sometime minutes only) but as the service is reaching more and more people the system is taking more time to approve the requests, but need not to worry it will not take more than a week time to approve your request
Once it is been approved, you will be informed through mail with above attached approval sample. After that you can than book ticket to travel Dubai.
• Only Dubai residence visa holders can apply for this service, but you can still take a chance and check if the system accept your visa number or not.
• Those applied for ICA Approval need to wait for their response, if rejected they can apply through GDRFA Return permit service.
• To get your application approve, upload clear and legible documents.
• When you get the approval then only book your tickets.
• Returning residents can fly with any of the airlines that have approved flights to Dubai airports.
• All arriving to Dubai must register their details on the COVID-19 DXB app.
• Arriving residents must complete Health Declaration form.
• Residents to bear the cost of COVID19 tests in UAE.
• GDRFA organizes the arrival of residents.
Read Returning Residents Rules:
The guide about ICA Approval or GDRFA return permit for resident outside UAE end here, if you are still facing issue while submitting your application, leave comments to get instant answer or join our group for your GDRFA approval queries.