The University of Bradford is inviting applications for international scholarships for masters degree programme.
The University of Bradford is a public, plate glass university located in the city of Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. University aims to lead the world in research and education.
Applicants must already meet the minimum academic entry requirements for their chosen course to be able to apply for the scholarship.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for masters degree programme at the University of Bradford.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Number of Awards: 2 scholarships are available.
Scholarship Award: Full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered plus £4,200 per annum living costs to be paid in three instalments – October, January and April. Each scholarship is worth approximately £25,000.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Please read all the requirements carefully:
- These scholarships are to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are from a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc.
- The scholarship is available for students on full time Master’s programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self funded.
- You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship. However you must already have completed your undergraduate degree and know your results to be able to apply.
- You must send proof of your results with your application form. Any evidence sent after your application will not be accepted.
- Please apply for the scholarship before applying for a place on a course if you will be reliant upon the scholarship to cover your fees and living expenses.
- You must now already have the required English qualifications to be able to study your chosen course, we will not be able to consider your application unless you meet these requirements. Details of the qualifications we accept can be found on our website. Please note that we also accept the WAEC qualification at a grade C6 or higher for students from certain African countries.
- Students from the list of eligible countries are invited to apply for these scholarships. However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel.
- Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme. Following a review of the scholarship scheme, from 6 May 2016 Pakistani students not studying a Master’s course in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) can now apply under the main Global Development Scholarship.
- To be considered for a place on our Master’s courses you will need to have achieved the minimum level of degree qualification specified for your country.
- You will also need to meet our English Language requirements.
Nationality: Applicants from these countries can apply for Global Development Scholarship:
List of Countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Pakistan (students from Pakistan will be considered for one of five Bestway Foundation Scholarships) , Russia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tanzania, United Republic of, Timor-Leste, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: The standard University requirement is 6.0* with no sub-test less than 5.0 (or equivalent) on the IELTS or on the university’s own entry test the BASALT. However, if you require a Tier 4 (student) visa to study you will need to meet the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) department’s requirement which is currently IELTS 6.0 with no sub-test less than 5.5. Conditional offers to international students will be made on this basis.
How to Apply: Please be aware that you will need to submit a personal statement as part of your application outlining how the situation in your country has affected you and/or your family, the reasons why you want to come to Bradford and study your chosen programme and how you will use this qualification when you return to your country.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 15, 2017.