The University of Luxembourg invites applications for a Doctoral position in Computer Science and Communication research unit in Faculty of Science, Technology and Communication:
Duration: 14 months fixed-term contract, renewable up to 3 years, full-time (40h/week) Student status (36 months studies programme)
Tasks and Responsibilities of Doctoral student:
- To prepare a doctoral thesis in computer science in the above mentioned area, which implies scientific tasks such as to undertake relevant literature review, to conduct joint and independent research activities, to disseminate results at international scientific conferences/workshops and to (co-)author articles (with the supervisor) in peer reviewed scientific publications, etc.
- To assist the supervisor, Prof. Denis Zampunieris in his teaching activities, one to three hours per week.
- Applicant must hold Master degree in computer science
- Applicant must have analytical mind, strong design and programming skills
- Applicant having prior experience into monitoring and/or rules-based software systems would be an asset.
- Applicant must possess excellent command of the English language.
- Fully funded position
- A large and dynamic research unit with an exciting international environment
- The University of Luxembourg offers highly competitive salaries based on the candidate’s experience and is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
- Apply online. Application material includes:
- Letter of motivation
- Detailed CV
- Certified copies of degree certificates including a transcript of courses taken with grades
- List of recent publications and copies (if applicable).
Reference number: F1-060052
|Organization||University of Luxembourg|
|Subject areas||Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 12th, 2017|