The Faculty of Science at University of Antwerp invites application to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Chemistry for a PhD scholarship holder in the area of Materials science.
- Applicant must hold a master’s degree in Chemistry, Material Chemistry, Bio-engineering or related fields
- Applicant must have a strong background in inorganic material synthesis and analysis.
- Applicant must be quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Applicant must possess experience in materials synthesis and characterization is encouraged.
Duration: 1 year; renewable for three times 1 year after positive evaluation, with a maximum of in total 4 funded years of doctoral scholarship
Starting date: 01 October 2017;
Scholarship value: gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.280,27 – € 2.419,84; dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply:
- Applications to be submitted online and application must include:
- Copy of CV
- Cover letter
||University of Antwerp
||Chemistry, Material Science, Bio-engineering
||€ 2.280,27 – € 2.419,84
||Open to all nationalities
||19 June 2017
The University of Antwerp at Faculty of Science is offering full-time doctoral scholarship in Materials Science. Successful applicants will work on the doctoral thesis in the field of “Creating structural and physico-chemical control to enhance properties of hybrid periodic mesoporous metal phophonates”.
The University of Antwerp is a young, dynamic and forward-thinking university. It integrates the assets of its historical roots with its ambition to contribute positively to society. The University of Antwerp develops, provides access to and disseminates scientific knowledge through research, teaching and academic service to the community and accomplishes these tasks in a spirit of academic freedom and responsibility.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the area of Material Science.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship offers:
- A doctoral scholarship for a period of 1 year, renewable for three times 1 year after a positive evaluation, with a maximum of in total 4 funded years of doctoral scholarship >;
- The start date of the scholarship 01/10/2017;
- A gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.280,27 – € 2.419,84;
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Profile and requirements
- Students hold a master degree in Chemistry, Material Chemistry, Bioengineering or related fields with a strong background in inorganic material synthesis and analysis.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- The emphases in your teaching correspond to the educational vision of the university.
- You are a team player, willing to collaborate with other partners involved in this project.
- Experience in materials synthesis and characterization is encouraged.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students hold a master degree in Chemistry, Material Chemistry, Bioengineering or related fields with a strong background in inorganic material synthesis and analysis.
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applying criteria below:
- Applications may only be submitted online and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter, until the closing date 19/06/2017.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- After pre-selection, the top 6 candidates will be invited for an interview (in person or via skype).
- More information about the application form can be obtained fromvacatures-at-uantwerpen.be
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof.Vera Meynen, meynen-at-uantwerpen.be.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is June 19, 2017.