Dublin City University and UrbanVolt have joined forces to launch an exciting Master’s Scholarship programme available across the University’s Engineering, Computing and Business schools. Students from EU countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The Dublin City University aims to lead the world in research and education.
The University has a particularly strong research record, is sometimes described as a research-led university, and has regularly been recorded as bringing in more research income per members of faculty – or indeed as a percentage of total income – than any other university in Ireland. Its research team working on sensors at the National Centre for Sensor Research is considered one of the best in the world.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Engineering, Computing or Business.
Whether your background is in Engineering, Computer Science, Physical Science, Business or Accounting, the following master’s programmes qualify for this scholarship. Masters Programmes eligible under this scholarship programme:
Faculty of Engineering & Computing
- MEng in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (with specialism in Sustainable Systems/Energy) / DC814
- MEng in Electronic and Computer Engineering (with Major Options in Advanced Data Networks, Internet of Things, Image Processing & Analysis, Nanotechnology) / DC883
- MSc in Computing (with Major Options in Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Software Engineering and Security and Forensic Computing) / DC836
- MSc in Electronic Commerce (Technical) / DC821
DCU Business School
- MSc in Finance (with specialism in Sustainable Energy Finance) / DC511
- MSc in Electronic Commerce (Business) / DC506
- MSc in Management (Strategy) / DC514
- MSc in Accounting / DC501
- MSc in Management (Business) / DC510
- MSc in International Management
- MSc in Human Resource Management / DC632
Scholarship Award: The successful candidate will receive fee support (minimum €6,750) in order to register in DCU and undertake a one-year, full-time taught master’s programme in either Engineering, Computing or Business in 2017/18.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The successful applicant must:
- Satisfy the taught Masters programme entry requirements and register in 2017-18 (full-time).
- Comply with the standard application process via PAC.
- Be an EU citizen and be eligible for EU fees.
Nationality: Students from EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must satisfy the taught Masters programme entry requirements and register in 2017-18 (full-time).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Application Process –Applicants must submit the following:
- 1 page CV, demonstrating an academic track record, achievements and contribution outside of the classroom, statement of particular challenges being faced by the applicant in pursuing education.
- Short video (90 seconds to 3 minutes max.) demonstrating communication skills and innovation in thinking.
- Appendix A – completed in full (see attached).
The 1-page CV, link to video and completed Appendix A must be submitted in one email to graduatestudiesoffice-at-dcu.ie no later than 12 NOON, 23 June 2017. The file should be named: surname_firstname_UrbanVolt 2017.pdf and “UrbanVolt application” clearly indicated in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is June 23, 2017.