The Asian Institute of Technology is inviting applications for President Robert B. Banks Scholarships. These scholarships are open to candidates from any nationality.
The scholarship awardee is expected to have the highest academic credentials and financially deserving, and the award will commence in 2017, so that the first recipient can join in August 2017.
The Asian Institute of Technology promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research, and outreach.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship generously funded would include:
- Full tuition (48 credits) and registration fee for 4 semesters (Baht 848,000)
- Monthly Bursary (including accommodation) (Baht 15,000)
- Medical insurance, Visa fees, Student Union fee, Book allowance
- Research Support (Baht 40,000)
Scholarship can be taken in Thailand
Eligibility: The applicant should first meet all the AIT criteria for master’s admission for scholarships including English language requirement. The scholarship is open to all candidates:
- Regardless of the academic program.
- From any nationality, and of any gender.
- With high academic performance in their Bachelor’s studies.
Nationality: Students from any nationality can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: To be eligible for admission to the regular master’s program, an applicant must:
- Hold a Bachelor degree (normally from a four-year program), or its equivalent, in an appropriate field of study from an institution of good standing acceptable to AIT.
- Have undergraduate grades significantly above average; the minimum GPA requirement for admission to the master’s program is 2.75 or equivalent at the Bachelor degree level.
- Be in satisfactory physical and mental health, and have a record of good conduct.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have TOEFL score of 210 (computer-based) or IELTS writing and overall score 6 or equivalent or AIT English Entry Test.
How to Apply: All applicants should provide a personal statement (one to two pages) of why they are choosing the specific academic program, and what they hope to achieve upon graduation.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 15, 2017 for August 2017 Intake.