We are pleased to announce the call for Silk-Road Scholarship of Fall 2017.
- The Silk-Road Scholarship Program is jointly funded by the SBS Foundation and Seoul National University, established in Fall 2009. This program is designed specifically for students wishing to study Humanities and Social Sciences. Currently the scholarship is awarded for five(5) students annually with financial assistance covering the cost of full tuition fee and living expenses. Students from countries located in the area of the Silk-Road may apply. We believe that education and training of scholars in Humanities related to Korea and Social Sciences is not only central to expanding the international base of Korean studies, but also essential to strengthening global competitiveness of education and research. To this end, this program intends to promote, support, and contribute to:
- Expansion of the field of Humanities as a fundamental area of study which was under-funded due to the development of technology field
- Supporting education and research for international students
All applicants for this Program must fulfill all of following requirements:
- International (foreign) students who will be entering SNU for 2017 Fall or who graduated from the eligible universities of the Silk-Road Scholarship Program.
- Must be referenced by the university the applicants graduated in following countries:
- Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos, Indonesia, Cambodia, Thailand, Nepal, Afghanistan, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Yemen, Iran, Turkey, Egypt, Ethiopia, Hungary, Russia
- Potential master’s/Ph.D. students who applied for the designated departments which participate with the Silk-Road Program for the Fall semester:
- Humanities or Social Sciences (including Korean Language, History, Culture, Politics, and Economics)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Important factors in the selection of the scholarship recipients include:
- Commitment to pursuing a career in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Financial need
- Potential contribution to Korean community.
About the Scholarship
- Only intended for Fall semesters
Value of the award Awards
- cover full tuition fees for 2 years (4 semesters) and provide a grant for living expenses (KRW 600,000 per month), a round-trip airfare up to KRW1, 000,000, and Korean classes up to 2 sessions.
- Scholarships are renewed semi-annually for up to 4 semesters on the basis of academic requirements.
- Students must maintain a grade point average of at least 3.0. to continue benefits from the scholarship.
- Admission Applications: Submit required documents to the Office of Admissions after completing the on-line application. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Scholarship Applications: Submit your Silk-Road Scholarship application to Office of International Affairs (2nd floor) by post or in person.
- When decisions are made, only accepted candidates will be contacted.
2017 Fall Important dates and notes
Number of openings
- Five candidates will be selected for Fall 2017 Deadline
- Applications must be submitted to Office of International Affairs no later than March 31(Fri), 2017, 18:00. Please note that applying late and the late arrival of application documents will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Postal Address: Office of International Affairs(Bldg.#152, 2nd floor), Seoul National University, 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 08826, Republic of Korea.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified on June 23(Fri), 2017.
- Only recipients will be notified by e-mail.
- Recipients are expected to write a self-report to the Silk-Road Scholarship Committee on their work at the end of every semester.
- Silk-Road Scholarship Information : Notice Boards of http://oia.snu.ac.kr, http://en.snu.ac.kr
- The contact for further information on Silk-Road Scholarship Program. : email@example.com