The Humboldt Research Track funding scholarship is designed to support outstanding Master’s students from Humboldt-Universität who plan to pursue a PhD. Graduates from other universities may also be funded if they pursue a PhD at Humboldt-Universität.
The program offers funding for the transition phase between the end of a Master’s program and the beginning of PhD level research.
- Applicant may be outstanding Master’s student as well as graduates who plan to pursue their Doctoral studies at Humboldt-Universität or – if graduated from Humboldt-Universität – at another university in Germany or abroad.
Selection criteria for Humboldt Research Track funding:
- Excellent academic results or an excellent degree and an original, high-quality PhD proposal
- 800 EUR/month for up to six months
- Scholarship holders with children receive an additional 400 EUR/month for the first child, plus 100 EUR for each additional child.
- funding may be extended for up to an additional six months
- Applications to be submitted online application portal only.
- Applications must include the following documents: application form; CV (max. 2 pages); research proposal (max. 2.250 characters); Certificates of academic degrees; Letter of recommendation from Master thesis supervisor or from one of the instructors from your Master’s program; Expert review of PhD proposal by the mentor at Humboldt-Universität.
Application periods are
- 1 April to 15 May for funding starting 1 August
- 1 June to 15 July for funding starting 1 October
- 1 September to 15 October for funding starting 1 February
- 1 December to 15 January for funding starting 1 April
|Organization||Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||800 EUR/month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 May, 15 July, 15 October, 15 January|